A Leak Already?

Yesterday while I was cooking in the camper, a very severe thunderstorm came through. It was raining very hard. As I looked around the camper, I noticed a puddle on the floor. At first I thought that maybe my kitty had knocked over his water while he was trying to hide from the thunder.

I mopped up the mess and watched horrified as the water continued to seep in from the wall next to the pass-through storage. I told Ed about the leak immediately. He was wrapping up some tree work about half hour drive away. When he got home, the leak had already stopped.

When the storm passed, we went outside and took a look at the pass-through. Water had built up in there as well. But we still could not tell where the water was coming from. Our theory is that it has something to do with where the awning is screwed into the side of camper. When Ed pressed gently on the silicone seal around the attachment, water seeped out of it.

It's raining now, very gently, and I haven't seen any more evidence of the leak. But I sent this email to the dealership we got the camper from.

Hello from New Bern,
Not sure if you guys can advise us on this or not. Yesterday there was a really bad storm and I found a puddle of water seeping in through a wall. We went up and looked for where it might be coming from but could not figure it out. We were more than a little shocked that we had a leak after only 2 weeks. Is it possible that it is a manufacturer defect? Does our warranty cover this? Would it void the warranty if Ed tried to fix it himself? Thanks for all your help so far. We are otherwise pretty pleased with the camper. 
~Hannah

The dealership has been pretty awesome to work with so far, and I'm personally very grateful to them for their service. I guess we will see what happens when they reply. I'm trusting God. Everything that happens is a part of his ultimate plan.

~Hannah

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment